Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

As most people look forward to this particularly long weekend, looking forward to getting some extra time off of work, and taking advantage of a long weekend to go on a fun trip and/or visit with family, I will have a slightly different experience.

1. My summer job is paid by the hour, and being a temporary, hourly employee, I don't get compensated for the work-free Monday holiday. I also don't get a dime for the half day at work yesterday. Fortunately, my boss said I could bring some work home and clock some additional hours to compensate for the time off. That definitely should help.

2. I am in Spartanburg, South Carolina, about 7 hours from my dad and 10 hours from my mom. So, I probably won't see any family members this weekend. I still don't know if I'll be able to grill out a bit on Monday. We'll see.

3. I have a research position for the dean of my law school, so I'll be putting in a good amount of work for that over the weekend.

Basically, since I haven't been paid for either job yet, my balance is running a bit low at the moment. So, my travel options are quite limited, and I'll probably just sit tight. It gives me a good excuse to stay in and put in a good amount of hours, though, so it should pay off in a couple weeks.

At least I've got L & G keeping me company. Maybe we'll have our own little Memorial Day BBQ.

No comments: